BEFORE and AFTER
What is Microblading?
3D Natural Looking Eyebrows! Microblading, Cosmetic Tattooing, Manual Method, Soft Tap, Eyebrow Embroidery Methods. Semi-permanent treatment that will last 1-3 years.
Microblading eyebrows is a form of semi-permanent make up that creates natural, beautiful eyebrows with a handheld microblading tool. Microblading gives a more realistic effect simply because of the fact that it is sitting more superficially in the skin. The color has less skin mass to project through, lending it a “crisper” and “cleaner” look. It’s perfect for people who have over plucked, over waxed and thinning eyebrows or those who want to define, darken or reshape their eyebrows. This procedure is perfect for both men and women. The difference to ordinary permanent make-up is that Microblading is not done by a machine. Microblading is performed by manually depositing pigment superficially in the upper region of the dermis with the use of a hand tool with attached needles fused together in a linear grouping. The needle used in manual microblading is 3 times thinner than the one used in machine, which allows to create a very fine, crips hair strokes that do not blur.
There are many techniques and approaches to microblading. There are 1D Eyebrows, where the hair strokes all go in one direction. There are 3D Eyebrows, where the hair strokes are laid out in a specific pattern across the eyebrow ridges, creating a 3D effect. There are 6D Eyebrows, where the actual depth of the microblade varies on each individual hair stroke. This even creates an even more dimensional and natural result.
Microblading typically takes two appointments to complete. In the first appointment, the client is profiled and the eyebrows are drawn on with a waterproof pencil, so the artist and client can agree on the look. Brows are measured perfectly to compliment your unique face shape and size. The artist then microblades the eyebrows and the artist and the client is ready to go back into the world. There is some mild scrabbing and aftercare required, but your microblading should be completely healed in 30 days.
The second appointment is a touch up at least 30 days after the first session. This allows enough time for the ink in the epidermis to naturally slough off, and the color to settle into your skin. In the touch up appointment, the artist can see how your skin has received the ink and make any necessary corrections.
Sometimes a client’s skin undertones may have unexpected effects on the ink’s color, and the artist may need to add color to adjust. These kind of corrections are normal with any microblading artist and an essential part of the process, as everyone’s skin is different and receives inks differently.
Who’s a good Candidate for Microblading?
Almost anyone can be a good candidate for microblading. Those with young skin and mature skin, thin and thick skin, alopecia sufferers and cancer survivors. Candidates that might not be ideal, however are those with extremely thin sensitive skin that simultaneously suffer from rosacea, as this causes excessive bleeding and dilution of pigment, which results in poor retention. Also, those with extremely oily skin may find that the line will blur and thicken.
Microblading is semi-permanent and less invasive than traditional cosmetic tattooing. The microblade only penetrates the empidermis layer of skin, meaning that it will naturally fade and disappear over time.
Benefits of Microblading?
Semi-permanent treatment that will last 1-3 years.
Create a new brow
Fully restore the eyebrow shape
Crisp, realistic, natural looking hairstrokes
No downtime treatment
Non-toxic & hypoallergenic material
Certified Microblading Artist
How long does it last?
Microblading produces semi-permanent results, lasting anywhere from 1-3 years, if never touched up. How quickly the strokes fade depends on how a client’s skin retains pigment, and how well the brows are taken care of. Use SPF and moisturize to extend the life of the results.
How long does the procedure take?
The appointment should take about 2 hours depending on the client and eyebrow shape.
Does the procedure hurt?
No, it does not hurt. We find a client’s comfort of utmost importance, so we take the time to throughly numb you before and throughout the procedure. Many of our clients report little to no sensation. Occasionally, for very sensitive individuals, there may be more sensitivity, in which case we just apply more numbing product. That’s all it takes. It’s comparable to a plucking/tweezing sensation or nothing at all once the numbing completely takes effect.
How long does it take to heal?
No down time is required after microblading procedure. Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigement is till seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right! The healing time is approximately 7-14 days , and about 1 month for the color to fully set in depending on how well your skin heals, but that time period is only for the top layer of skin.
Are there factors that would not allow me to get Microblading?
We can not perform Micropigmentation if you:
Are under 18 years age
Are Pregnant or nursing
Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
Are undergoing chemotherapy(or have undergone Chemo in the past 12 months)
If you have been on prescription Accutane within 1 year
Have any Keloid Scars
Have moles on the procedures area
Have a distinctive pervious tattoo on the procedure area
Have a skin disorder or rash anywhere on your body
Have a facial sunburn
Had Botox or any facial laser treatment done within 2 weeks before your appointment
Have any viral infection or immunodeficiency
Are sick or unwell
Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note.
The following restrictions are to ensure your skin is in the best possible condition for an amazing microblading procedure. Please read carefully:
- Avoid plucking or waxing your brows, using exfoliators 72 hours before the application, like any skincare products containing glycolic acid, Retin A, Renova, and alpha hydroxyl acids, since they may inflame the skin.
- Please do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat will expand the pores.
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
- Do not drink Coffee, alcohol, energizing drinks or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, any other blood thinners, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay).
- No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
The following treatments should be avoided within four weeks of the procedure:
- Botox or other fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Laser treatment
Microblading post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows. Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrow area during the first 7 days after your procedure.
After 5-7 days, make sure your hands are completely clean and gently apply the post-care ointment with cotton swab. This can be done once at night time, but be sure to use your ointment sparingly as your skin needs to heal itself. Please continue to apply the ointment for 7days.
- The following must be avoided during all 14 days post-microblading procedure:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color and premature fading
- Any laser or chemicals or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic acid on the face or neck
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micropigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing of wounds
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with the cotton swab
Please be aware:
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment will fade sooner
- If you are iron deficient or Anemic, your pigment will fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure
- Unhealthy compromised skin due to health issues, medications and over use of(anti aging, acne skincare, ect.) are all factors in the outcome. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1-3 years. Results vary with each client and health of skin. If you have more difficult skin there will be additional charges if more work needs to be done.
- Additional touch-up appointments will be charged depending on how much work is to be done.
If you have any questions, please give us a call!
Cali Wow Brow
807 Douglas Blvd., Suite #135
Roseville, CA 95678